Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing, but nobody else does. - Stuart Henderson
That sentence pretty much sums up the need for advertising your products and services – online training courses, in this case. Advertising your training can be a challenge if you take into account the costs incurred and risks involved in it. But if you have a methodical approach, know about the ‘right way’ to advertise and follow the same, you’ll certainly reap the benefits of your investment in advertising.
This article will help you understand the ‘how’, ‘where’ and ‘dos and don’ts’ of advertising training courses.
How and Where
First step is to ‘know your target market’. When you know your destination, it’s easier for you to plan your journey. Similarly, when you are familiar with your target audience, it is easier for you to find the best places to advertise your product. Let’s say, you know your typical customer’s profile. You also are aware of the possible websites they visit. Make a list of such websites.
Because your training is online, it only makes sense to advertise online. Create ads that are informative yet catchy. Most popular ads are the ones that convey more in the least possible number of words. Clearly, in the advertising world, less is more. Tell your reader what your training is all about, how it could benefit him and why he should choose your organization for it. If you think this is too much of info to be put in a single ad, choose the points that can draw the attention of your readers.
Of late, there is a trend seen among the trainings; software trainings, language related trainings, soft skills trainings, etc. are gaining popularity. If your training is among the popular ones, you might want to include the keywords that could direct the readers to your training. If it is an unusual kind of training, look for the kind of key words that your prospective clients would use while searching for the training.
There are certain online training sites where you could advertise your courses. The benefit of posting your ads on such training sites is that you get maximum returns on your investments. That is because the target market of such sites and your trainings are mostly the same. You don’t have to go hunting for your target audience. Additionally, make your presence felt in appropriate online discussion forums, groups, communities on social networking sites. We are in an era where a ‘click of the mouse’ is as good as ‘word of the mouth’.
Apart from the electronic media, you can also try the regular media based on your company’s budget and branding. Hoardings in and around the vicinity of colleges/schools and other educational institutions can be beneficial. Pamphlets, brochures, flyers and other promotional material bearing the information related to the courses you offer can be circulated among the prospective clientele. If you are up to it, you could devise your own unique ways of advertising your product rather than rely on the already existing publicity channels.
But there a few things you need to bear in mind while advertising your training courses.
Here are some dos and don’ts:
- Keep your ad short and crisp.
- Include a powerful call for action.
- Use catchy and high quality images.
- Advertise in diverse methods. There are more ways to advertise than there are to skin a cat.
- Seek experienced and knowledgeable person’s help. This will help you to convert your traffic in a better way.
- Advertise in popular websites for better viewing and customer response
- Don’t ever forget your budget. It is easy to burn your hands by spending more. So, have a control on it.
- Don’t have unrealistic and high expectations. Have better understanding of the product/service you are offering.
- Don’t resort to copyright infringement or include false information, because it will ruin the brand name of your organization.
- Don’t let your competitors outrun you. Keep your R&D proactive and ambitious.
- Don’t overlook the needs of your clients.
Image courtesy – Google Images